CCHS is an investment in your child’s future. 50% of 2019 CCHS graduates received college scholarships in excess of the cost of four years of CCHS tuition.
Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year is $10,500 for underclassmen with an additional $300 graduation fee for seniors only.
The following payment plans are available:
- One payment plan, due July 1
- Two-payment plan, due July 1 and January 1
- Monthly payment plan (11 month plan for seniors 12 month plan for underclassmen)
Family Tuition Discount
When sending multiple children to CCHS, the second child enrolled receives a 10% discount and the third child enrolled receives a 20% discount.
Tuition Assistance applications are due by January 15, 2020.
Applications received after the deadline will be limited to remaining assistance after disbursement to those who met the deadline. There is a $15 application fee. This fee is from the Diocese of Camden and is a one-time only fee per family.
The same application can be applied to multiple schools provided they use the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment services.
1. Application must be completed online at FACTS web site
2. Use your current FACTS user name and password. If you do not have one then you must create a new one.
3. After you sign in, click on “Apply for Financial Aid” located in the blue bar and then choose the school(s).
An instructional video is provided as well as detailed instructions. You must follow through with supporting documents. Applications without supporting documents will not be processed and no financial aid will be given. Do not send original documents. Include your Application ID # on all pages. Please use the documents of the person who has claimed the student as dependent.
Please understand that there is limited amount of tuition assistance available. Yet we still manage to provide 33% of our students with some level of tuition assistance. The average tuition assistance award ranges between $500 and $1000 for the year.
Once your application and documents are received and processed, a tuition aid recommendation will be forwarded to Camden Catholic High School. All final tuition assistance decisions including notification of an award amount (if any) will be made by Camden Catholic High School. Tuition assistance award letters will be included in the registration packet (incoming freshman only). A student must have been accepted to obtain any tuition assistance. Any questions call our tuition office at 856-663-2247 Ext. 103.
Camden Catholic is pleased to offer more than $700,000 in scholarships and tuition assistance annually. Scholarships available include Merit (or performance-based tuition awards), Arts, and Alumni or named scholarship opportunities. Most of these awards are need-based and require proven academic performance, as well as the student to take the High School Placement Test here at CCHS on November 2. *No tuition credit will be issued if a student is awarded multiple scholarships which go beyond the annual tuition.
Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who perform in the top 10 scores or over the 90th percentile on the High School Placement Test. Any students wishing to compete for a merit scholarship must submit their completed Camden Catholic admissions application by November 30, 2019 and must take the test at Camden Catholic on November 2, 2019. In the beginning of December those students will be notified and must come to Camden Catholic for two sessions:
- An interview with an admissions committee
2. A writing sample on an unknown topic in our computer lab
Based on the test scores, the interview, and the writing sample, Camden Catholic will award various $1,500 – $7,000 scholarships.
Students who are talented in music, chorus or art will also have the opportunity to compete for scholarships. Several $500-$1000 scholarships will be awarded.
The student must take the High School Placement Test on November 2, 2019 and must submit their completed Camden Catholic admissions application by November 30, 2019.
Students interested in art should:
- Have a portfolio ready of at least 7-10 pieces of a variety of medium such as charcoal, pen and ink, watercolor, and pencil.
Students interested in instrumental music must:
- Perform an etude or solo of a music piece from a current music book
- Play major scales up to 4 flats and 4 sharps
- Play chromatic scales
Students interested in chorus should prepare:
- Two songs of contrasting style and tempo.
- Two copies of their sheet music in separate binders, clearly notated with any cuts or repeats, one for the piano accompanist and one for their own use. Sheet music must include piano accompaniment. No CD accompaniment will be acceptable.
- It is recommended, but not required, that students memorize their music.
- Repertoire may include art songs, jazz standards, musical theater, church music, or folk songs that include piano accompaniment.
- Students will be assessed specifically on their accuracy in pitch, rhythm, dynamic, tone, diction, and style.
- Students should also be prepared to sing brief vocal warmups, a sight reading exercise, and read a rhythm exercise.
- An interview will be conducted with each candidate applying for scholarship.
Students who are interested in auditioning for the band, chorus or fine art must email Mr. Sexton at firstname.lastname@example.org of their interest. These emails will be accepted through December 1.
Auditions will take place on December 3. Times will be assigned after contacting Mr. Sexton to sign up for an audition. Students may only audition for one area of the arts. Please indicate the one area of the arts you will audition for.
Alumni & Named Scholarships
James Kelly ‘57 has announced the Lyn E. and James C Kelly Scholarship to students at Camden Catholic High School. In memory of his wife Lyn, Class of ‘58, Jim Kelly is setting up the Lyn E. and James C. Kelly Scholarship fund to award $5,000 to incoming and current students who are hard-working, show academic promise, and an extreme desire to strengthen their faith through Catholic education. Click here for scholarship details and parameters.
Camden Catholic High School takes great pride in our students and their accomplishments. Our students are examples of leadership and excellence in our school and in their communities, and we know that many applicants share these traits. CCHS established the 1887 Scholarship to honor the great things that students do each day. This scholarship will be awarded to selected students who qualify academically (HSPT score above 80) and who have done something extraordinary, so please share your extraordinary accomplishments with us. Candidates will be notified by the Admissions Office if they qualify to apply for the 1887 Scholarship by November 30. Those who qualify will be sent the application details at that time. Any questions may be directed to Mr. Howie Sexton, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com.
- Applicants must be Catholic and residents of Camden County, New Jersey
- Applicants must be attending or planning to enroll in a Catholic elementary, middle or high school in the Fall of 2019.
- Applicants must attend Catholic schools located in Camden County, New Jersey
- Applicants must demonstrate academic achievements, financial need, and moral character.
- Apply on-line at www.csascholars.org
Applicants must submit the requested information online and the additional required materials must be received no later than MARCH 23, 2020.
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard Hocker founded the Ethel Mae Hocker Foundation to inspire scholarship opportunities for a broad range of talented students who would benefit from the whole person education at Camden Catholic. The scholarships are competitive and renewable upon attainment of the required grade point average and service to the community at CCHS and in general. The award supports the efforts of academically able students who are good citizens, who seek leadership roles in their communities and the world, and who demonstrate financial need.
- Future opportunities for the Hocker Scholarship will be announced on this page when they are confirmed.
Year to year there are various alumni and friends scholarships for varying amounts and terms. After your admissions acceptance, the Admissions Office will notify you of the ability to apply for these scholarships based on financial need, test scores, and grades.
Thanks to the following for their support thus far of need-based named scholarships:
Ethel Mae Hocker Foundation – Charles Grandi Foundation – Langan-Nadell Scholarships- Domenica Foundation – The Pilarz Family – The Mazzeo Family – Tom Kenney Foundation – John Oakes Memorial Scholarship – Paul C. Azores Memorial Scholarship – John L. Pund, Sr. Memorial Scholarship – various anonymous donors
**The New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association does not allow Athletic Scholarships.**